Gynecologic cancer: Gynecologic cancer occurs in the reproductive system of woman. This Gynecologic cancer consists of other cancers like fallopian tube, cervix, ovaries, and uterus, vagina and vulva. The risk factors for this cancer are increasing day by day. The most common type of gynecologic cancer is uterus cancer. Nearly 40 percent of cancer cases are related to uterus disease.
Generally cells plays major role in defining cancer. All the organs and tissues in the body are made up by tiny body cells. These cells have a constant process of dying and replacing new cells. This is the general process carried by them, if there is any malfunction in their life cycle then there is a chance for the occurrence of cancer. Tumor occurs due to the formation of excess cells in the body. There are two types of Tumors one is benign tumor and the other is malignant tumor .Benign tumor is not cancerous but can cause damage to the adjacent organs if it grows continuously at a single site. Malignant tumor is cancerous because it spreads through out the body and damages the entire body organs.
Gynecologic cancer is categorized into:
• fallopian tube
Risk factors for gynecologic cancer: As the causes for this reproductive cancer disease is not identified, its risk factors are listed below which increases the chances for having this reproductive cancer.
• Age: Age plays key role in defining breast cancer. People with above 40 will generally face this problem.
• Gender: Gynecologic cancer occurs mostly to women. Only 1 percent of men face this problem.
•Family history: Gynecologic cancer can be transmitted by the family hereditary. So please take regular checkups for reducing the risk factor of having breast cancer.
• Gene changes: Gene changes will increase the risk factor of having breast cancer. Changes in gene’s like BRCA1 and BRCA2 causes Gynecologic cancer. So have a checkup by your health care provider to reduce the risk.
• Lack of physical activity: Yes lack of physical activity increases the chances of having breast cancer in woman due to excess fat storage in the breast lymph nodes .Going for regular workout will reduces the risk of having breast cancer.
• Being overweight: Being over weight resembles weak immune system. So, women with obesity problems have more chances to fallen for gynecologic cancer.
• Smoking/Alcohols: Smoking of tobacco and drinking of alcohol increases the risk factors for gynecologic cancer sure. So please avoid them. Smoking causes cancer for sure. So,please avoid smoking
• Breast density: Due to dense breast tissue the chances of having gynecologic cancer increases.
• Diethylstilbestrol: Women who take this DES during pregnancy period will have more chances in getting gynecologic cancer. So avoid taking DES.
• Radiation therapy: Women who take radiation therapy on chest in the young age have more chances to face breast cancer after 40 years of age.
Gynecologic cancer symptoms:
• Persistent cough
• change in bowel habits
• Blood in the stool
• Unexplained anemia
• Brest discharge
• Lumps in the testicles
• Change in urination
• Blood in the urine
• Swollen glands
• Unusual vaginal bleeding
• Unusual weight loss
• Severe sweat
• Continued itching in anus
• Non healing sores
• Back pain
• Pelvic pain and Bloating.
These are the following cancer symptoms and signs can be observed in the body.
Treatment of Gynecologic cancer:
Surgery: Surgery is the most common type of treatment followed to remove the cancer tumor. Depending upon the severity of the Gynecologic cancer, this operation process is decided by the doctor.
Gynecologic sparing surgery: This operation is carried to remove only the cancer tumor but not the entire reproductive system. So, this operation is named as gynecologic sparing surgery. The doctor also makes a small incision to know whether the cells have entered the lymphatic system. After this treatment process, the patient is taken for radiotherapy to kill the remaining cancer cells.
Mastectomy: Here in this operation process the entire tumor part along with lymph nodes are removed. After this operation process the patient will go for radiotherapy for the complete destruction of cancer cells.
Chemotherapy: This treatment is given in the early stages of occurrence. Chemotherapy is one of the treatment methods useful in killing cancer causing cells by the usage of drugs. This treatment process is carried by either pills or through intravascular injections. This anti-cancer drug enters into the bloodstream and travels towards the damaged tissues to destroy the gynecologic cancer cells.Chemotherapeutic drugs attacks the gynecologic cancer cells by stopping their unusual growth. The nature of the gynecologic cancer cells were brought to the normal condition by controlling the divisibility of the cells. These drugs are carried in the bloodstream to kill destroy all the cancer cells within short period of time.
This cancer chemotherapy drug can be given at either clinic or at home. The usage of this drug can be daily, weekly or monthly depending on the stage of the gynecologic cancer and body immune system. Chemotherapy treatment is given by considering the following basis like age, gender, drug toxicity and body weight. The dosage and usability should be carried under proper supervision.
Radiotherapy: Radiotherapy is a useful process in removing gynecologic cancer cells by using high intensity x-ray beams. These high energy x-rays are aimed at the cancer affected tissues to destroy the cancer cells. This process also causes damage to the normal cells for its side effects. There are two types of radiotherapy treatments they are.
External Radiations: Radiations are aimed at the effected tumor part from outside the body. Internal Radiations: Radiations are passed into the body by making some small incisions in the reproductive system. This treatment gives better results than the external radiation therapy.
Biological therapy: Due to weak immune system in the body, there are chances for the development of gynecologic cancer. So this Biotherapy treatment process is useful in rebuilding strong immune system in the body. Biotherapy is also called as immunotherapy or biological response modifier therapy. This treatment process is really useful in repairing, enhancing and stimulating the weak immune system of the body. This process can be carried along with surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Gynecologic cancer is treated as a serious cancer. It occurs in the reproductive system of woman Gynecologic cancer can spread to other parts of the body so, please consult the doctors if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above. The treatment process for all the types of gynecologic cancer is same. This Gynecologic cancer consists of various cancers like fallopian tube, cervix, ovaries, and uterus, vagina and vulva. All these cancers are referred as malignant cancerous tumor because they spread to other parts of the body.